
We’re in a very important time for the station and that’s pledge. It’s a time when we ask you to support the station so we can keep doing those things that make Public Television so unique, not just here in the U.S. but around the world. Do you know each television set in the UK is taxed annually to fund the BBC? Fortunately for me we don’t have that here. I don’t know about you but I have more sets than people at my house. The cat hardly ever watches TV since we refused to get her the endless loop DVD of birds flying back and forth but I digress.

What I’m trying to say is only in the United States could a television station broadcast 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year on the goodwill of the fine people who are entertained, educated and inspired by the programs it presents. That’s you--so thank you, thank you, thank you.
Back to behind the scenes at DPTV. When we present those programs for pledge that hopefully inspire you to contribute, we have to make the hard decision to pre-empt (that’s TV jargon for replace) some of our regularly scheduled programs for those really unique and interesting pledge specials.
During this pledge, we are pre-empting one of my favorite local shows, Am I Right? with Nolan Finley and Debbie Dingell. Normally, the program airs on Fridays at 8:30pm but not for the next few weeks. We were worried that there might be some very interesting news stores, primaries, and certain Detroit Mayoral situations that we would miss covering. We decided to tap into our internet side and create a blog for Nolan and Debbie to discuss those issues while pledge is on the air.In trying to achieve our video/internet chi (that’s what my colleague Fred Nahhat might call it) we created http://amirightshow.blogspot.com/. Check it out, if you have the chance. Nolan and Debbie along with producer Tony Mottley will be sparring in text. It should be interesting. Am I Right? will be back on the air on Friday March 28th at 8:30pm.
Enjoy the pledge specials and be proud of your support. We’re proud to have you as our viewers.
Posted by Jeff Forster
Vice President of Production
Detroit Public Television
No comments:
Post a Comment