I’ll admit that I’m a big eBay shopper. I get a kick out of getting a deal along with the thrill of “winning” what I want. I guess the excitement of working as a volunteer on the Channel 56 Auction rubbed off on me.
For those of you who love the thrill of a good auction, I have good news…Auction is back! Just as “Channel 56” has progressed to be known as Detroit Public TV or DPTV, the auction has progressed to an online event and still has great items to bid on! The DPTV auction runs from today (April 16th) through April 22nd at 9PM. We’ll be featuring Auction updates every evening so be sure to check your Signal guide so you can catch the latest.
One of the items up for bid is a great getaway to Chicago!

Chicago Blues Festival Pack
2 nights at the Palmer House Hilton June 7-9th
Tickets for Saturday and Sunday performances at the Chicago Blues Festival and even food tickets!
Other travel items up for bid include:
Harmony Suites in St. Lucia, The Great Britain Friendship Tour, The Flying L Guest Ranch in Texas and Ka’anapali Beach Hotel in Maui to name just a few.
Prefer artwork? How about this piece of Detroit history?

Spike Bell has autographed and donated this 24”X36” poster featuring six photos taken on September 6, 1964 at the old Olympia Stadium here in Detroit on the Beatles first appearance at the “old barn” and the start of the grand tour of the U.S.
Many other art items available for bidding as well.
Under Goods and Services you’ll find items ranging from Therapeutic massages to dance lessons by Arthur Murray studios, Yoga classes, wine classes, a beaver fur coat, a suite at Comerica Park for the Tigers versus the Rangers on April 23rd, a portrait sitting with Elayne Gross, a skating party for 16 at Great Skate and even the ability to name a star after anyone you choose!
Just a few selections from the many categories available starting today. To check out more, visit the auction website and be ready to get hooked!
No comments:
Post a Comment