Detroit PB TV was responsible for bringing Daniel to the states and even though I am not in your viewing area I want to thank you for doing that. I am 79 years old and got to go to Branson last May to see Daniel - it was a two day trip for us but worth it for sure. I had seen Daniel in West VA and in PA but Branson was tops. Then also, I have friends from the Daniel O'Donnell newsgroup who have volunteered when Daniel has appeared in your studio and through them I have pledged and gotten the DVD so I feel even better than blessed. Because of Daniel I have friends all over this country and other countries also. At my age nothing can beat friends so thanks to Diane Bliss and all of Detroit PB TV and please keep him coming. PBS stations in MD do not show Daniel, and I am sorry for the viewers in this area - they are missing a wonderful show and person.
Gloria Moore
Glenn Dale MD
Gloria Moore
Glenn Dale MD
I have met Majella and him in Branson and they are the most personable entertainers I've ever met. Most entertainers won't take the time of day to say hi, and they are better than you because they have money. But Daniel and Majella are so much different. No matter how busy they are, or if they should be at a certain place, they will put that aside and be willing to stop and say hi and even let you take a picture him. I can say this, Julia is a wonderful lady, even though I haven't met her, she down an outstanding job of raising her children by herself, and teaching to take to care for other people than just yourself. I own alot of his DVDs, Cd's and his books. I think he did a great job on his song book. I also have Julia's book she wrote and if kids today had to do what she did they would have a fit. I commend the lady and understand why she is so strong. Daniel had a concert in, Dubuque, Iowa, and I wrote to his publist (Rachelle) and told how my daughter was mistreated by the security guards and she informed Daniel and he sent his apology to us and two signed pictures. He wrote on the one too my daughter and she was so tickled and very happy for the picture. May God Bless Daniel, Majella and there families and keep them safe in there travels. I haven't met Mary yet but I hope to some day. We have some of her Cd's too.


I do not currently have cable or sattelite television in my home for various reasons. I have a four year old daughter and she likes to watch cartoons, but the cartoons on cable have lots of adult content, and seem to encourage children to be disobedient and rebellious. When she gets home from pre-school she asks me to turn on kids shows, and I turn to PBS. Every single PBS show is appropriate for her age and they encourage her to learn and to participate. Many times she will call me into the room to point out something on a show that she has already learned in school. PBS makes learning fun for my daughter and gives me the peace of mind that she is watching good quality programing.
Thank You Detroit Public Television,
Wambui Wainaina
Thank You Detroit Public Television,
Wambui Wainaina

I am so happy we have Public TV that offers such quality programs. I've learned so much, but in particular it's the music and vocal performances that are my favorites. Public TV has always been ahead of the game in introducing new singers and music that, at that time, most people are not aware of, such as Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble. I continue to follow the continuing Bocelli performances.
Many, many years ago, I vividly remember being blown away watching a Christmas performance from a Montreal cathedral by some Italian opera star named "Pavarotti" (?)-who? I was hooked, and I wasn't even into opera.
A faithful viewer,
Eileen Gage
Lake Angelus, MI

No comments:
Post a Comment