Reading Rainbow Young Writers and Illustrator’s Contest provides kids with an unforgettable experience in a television studio. Once a year, Detroit Public Television selects a number of stories written by children age k-3rd grade to be animated and broadcast on a special program.I arrived at the DPTV studio and was buzzed in the door by a friendly security guard. A lot of things needed to be prepared so that the kids and their parents would have a great experience with DPTV when they arrived. We folded out a large tent and set up rows of tables and chairs. Balloons were tied around the set and lights were adjusted. Rehearsal was needed to check scripts and timing so I played the part of the children. I sat in the audience waiting for a name to be called and then walked on stage to explain to the host why I had written books like “Fraidy Frog.”
Finally, the actual w
After taping the parents moved outside to eat and drink under the tent, clearly proud of their children. The stories created by these children were so creative and original; they could only have come from the minds of children. Seeing the pride the children had in the stories they created told me that this year’s Young Writers and Illustrator’s contest was successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment