Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It Keeps Getting Better!

I try to keep up on what DPTV is doing on our website so I can help callers find what they’re looking for. There is a wealth of knowledge and information available with the click of a mouse at DPTV.org but even I was pleasantly surprised to find our newest addition to the site!

Ever wonder what the inside of your favorite station looks like? In conjunction with the Campaign for Detroit Public Television you’re being invited inside and can now take a virtual tour of the Riley Broadcast Center! We’ve posted the tour so you can “visit” the station without having to leave the comfort of your home. Even though I work at the Riley Broadcast Center, I was able to view areas that I’ve never seen and feel more a part of the station than ever.

I’ve been watching the Campaign updates each night and have adopted a part of the Riley Broadcast Center, as have all my co-workers. Dan talked last night about 100% participation by the Board of Directors and how important the station is to them and the Metro Detroit area. Tonight is the Employee challenge night. It will be revealed how DPTV employees feel about the campaign and the direction of the station. From what I’m seeing and the calls I’m getting with questions about processing online support, I’m anticipating that we’ll hear about a lot of new supporters to the Campaign, people who want to be a big part of Detroit Public Television.

My husband Phil is tickled to visit the Donor Wall of Recognition and see our names there as proud supporters of Detroit Public Television. He’s even extended his own challenge to his co-workers to get their names on the wall as well. I’m very surprised at how excited he is to get involved in his own way.

One program of special note this week is airing Thursday at 9PM. Because Minds Matter: George Riley profiles George Riley, the Detroit-area television pioneer and philanthropist from his start in the TV repair business and his move into early educational TV.

The Friday movie this week at 9 PM is Lust for Life. Anthony Quinn won a Supporting Actor Oscar for his portrayal of Paul Gauguin while Kirk Douglas expertly portrays the tortured artistic genius, Vincent Van Gogh.

Saturday on Mystery! Miss Marple is drawn into a new investigation when she’s contacted by the wife of a respectable colonel after a young dancer’s body is discovered in her husband’s library. Part 1 of 2 with the conclusion airing Saturday 8/16 at 9 PM.



Pam Reynolds
Member Services

No comments: