
Most of us are trying to “go green”, but it is easy to feel overwhelmed by the global scope of the issues of climate change. HEAT, a special two-hour FRONTLINE episode that reveals what businesses across the world are doing and not doing to protect the environment airs tonight at 9pm.
For years, big business - from oil and coal companies to electric utilities to car manufacturers - has resisted change to environmental policy and stifled the debate over climate change in America and around the globe. Now, facing rising pressure from governments, green groups and investors alike, big business is reshaping its approach to the environment.Correspondent Martin Smith investigates the ways that companies are repositioning to help them prosper in a radically changed world. Watch the trailer and don’t miss this special program Tuesday night at 9. Donate Now - Keep programs like this on the air! Tell your friends and family about this special. Tell a Friend
5 comments:
I knew from the beginning that PBS is nothing but a neutral TV , but after watching that one sided biased 2 hours of propaganda on global warming , I`m feeling lost in this repetitive bashing of the civilized world industrial economy.
For the rest I always appreciated FRontline neutral leftist stand , but this time it is just too much.
10/22/08
Interesting, but "marred" by provocative vilification of the U.S. auto industry and the UAW. No mention was made of the Japanese or of the Korean automakers' variables in the equation; leading me, a UAW-GM retiree to wonder just exactly what the origins of some of the program materials were.
In my own, perhaps insignificant view, this sort of rhetoric, untempered by a responsible and comprehensive view of the broader implications(I mean, BROADER)for economies and societies the World over serves little useful purpose beyond what I call "journalistic monkeyshining". It won't do to bash corporations, stockholders, or unions. I am left HOPING to see better quality programming in the future (well, at least "hope springs eternal", doesn't it???).
Daniel M. Enos
(danlmartyn@aol.com
(Frontline, "HEAT", Tues., 10/21)
Who were all the contributors of the content to this program? Of what longterm purpose is the bashing of unions, stockholders and corporations? Why was little or no mention made of the roles of Japanese automakers?
To me this program came off in the end as little more than journal-
istic monkeyshining. A UAW/GM retiree, I openly confess the entire climate and political situation is wholly my personal re-
sponsibility and fault ALONE...
Yeah, everybody needs to understand
the urgency of the situation, but
the answers are going to require
far, far more than vilifying
demagoguery.
I would hope to see programming of
better quality in the future, but I
suppose that's about all I can do.
"Hope springs eternal"...
Daniel M. Enos
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Viewer feedback is always appreciated. Feel free to visit http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/heat/talk/? to share your comments with Frontline as well. We hope you will continue to visit this blog and share your input on future posts!
the program was great showing american companies wanting free money due to poor leadership and tax breaks without competing with good solid companies that set up shop in the U.S. ...like Toyota and Mazda in the 1970's we bailed out these dam car companies while they put on that same ignorant smug face stating they are leaders.... %$#^ them let them fail stop giving them bonuses with our tax money
Post a Comment