We recently started a campaign here at Detroit Public Television to reach out to our viewers and get their input about the future of the station. We want to hear about what people like, don't like, and what we should be doing.
One email in particular from a viewer stood out:
I just want to say that the programing provided on PBS television has given me a whole new outlook on life. I'm only 24 years old so I have not had the life experience on certain subjects that I'm most interested in. But shows like Charlie Rose and Tavis Smiley have opened up a whole new world of thought, perspective, and intellectual observation to me so much so that my essence of a human being has changed altogether. I really think that the intellectually enriching programming, along with that same format, most of which is better than cable, has changed my perceptions of the world to be more empathetic and made me a better human being all around. There is no value one can put on the effect PBS has in my life on a daily basis. For these reasons I would love to donate to the network, but I'm only 24 and currently in college, so to say the least my budget lacks the funds necessary to contribute to a show like Charlie Rose in the form I would like, but I plan on doing so in the future. Until I may be of more service in the future, please don't let this great network veer from the righteous path it is on. Keep up the great work. Everyone involved has helped make the country and the world a better place through PBS. Thanks again.
~ Matthew Waterford, MI
Thank you Matthew and keep spreading the word about Detroit Public Television. That in itself is just as valuable as a contribution.
If you'd like to share your thoughts with us send an email to tellrich@dptv.org.
No comments:
Post a Comment